Thanksgiving is such a special holiday, yet it always seems to get overlooked.
Smashed in between what would seem the more popular holidays, Halloween and Christmas, Thanksgiving is like the ignored middle child.
At least we have Friends to remind us that this holiday is awesome.
A holiday centered around being grateful should get a more praise and attention. #Amirite?
Since Thanksgiving is also a holiday centered around food, we created this sweet potato protein bread to help you and your loved ones celebrate the healthy way.
The Power of Sweet Potatoes
If pumpkin get’s a season, I think sweet potato should too.
It’s full of nutrients, and makes a great festive bread, like this one!
Sweet potatoes are…
- Full of potassium. High potassium intake is associated with a 20% decreased risk of dying from all causes.
- High in beta carotene, a powerful cancer-fighting antioxidant.
- High in vitamin A, a vitamin essential for vision.
- Full of fiber which can improve heart health and blood sugar levels.
What’s not to love about this orange potato?
Sweet Potato Protein Bread
This delicious loaf is just what you need to celebrate Thanksgiving in all its glory. It would make a perfect side dish, dessert, or even breakfast!
Thanks to IdealLean Protein, this bread is packed with life-giving protein. Protein helps to keep you full and promotes lean muscle.
The great thing about this bread? It only takes 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
In a nutshell, this sweet potato protein bread is quick, simple, delicious and nutritious! Something the whole family can enjoy, even Grandma and your 3-year-old nephew.
Remember, there is always something to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Serving size: 1 slice (makes about 12 slices, 6 per mini loaf)
- Calories: 101
- Carbs: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 1g
- Sugar: 5g
Stay Thankful With Sweet Potato Protein Bread
- Serves: 12
- Yield: Two minni loafs
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray 2 mini bread pans with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients. Stir in the sweet potato, applesauce, coconut sugar, milk, egg, and vanilla until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into 2 mini bread pans. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool before removing from pan. Cut each miniature loaf into 6 slices. Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 c white whole wheat flour
- 1 scoop French Vanilla IdealLean Protein
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 c sweet potato, baked and mashed
- 1/3 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla