I don’t know why, but anything small and bite sized is always so cute! These bites are no exception. They are the perfect size to take as an on the go snack, for a pre or post workout snack, or for a treat when you want something sweet that won’t break the macro bank.
Raspberry and coconut pair so well together, but we also picked these ingredients specifically for their health benefits!
Let’s talk about raspberries. High in antioxidants and full of dietary fiber, these little suckers are just begging you to eat them! And they are full of vitamins and minerals that can help fight inflammatory conditions. Whoa!
Now, coconut. Coconut is a healthy fat. It’s rich in medium chain triglycerides- a type of fat that may promote weight loss! These triglycerides may also help curb hunger and keep you full longer. Now, who doesn’t want that?!
Make sure to use unsweetened shredded coconut. Some packages of shredded coconut come sweetened, and we don’t want that extra sugar!
We also used French Vanilla IdealLean to amp up the protein content. 8 grams of protein per serving (2 bites). Score!
Roll up these bites pronto and get to snacking!
Ingredients for our Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats, partially blended
- 1 scoop French Vanilla IdealLean
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup defrosted and mashed frozen raspberries
- 5 pitted whole dates
Raspberry Coconut Protein Bites – On the Go Snack
- Serves: 6
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Roll into balls using about 1 tbsp. of the dough. It should make about 12 balls. Optional: coat by rolling in shredded coconut.
- 1 scoop IdealLean French Vanilla Protein