What’s your favorite part of Thanksgiving?
Is it the turkey? The football? The family all gathered around the table?
Well for me, it’s definitely the PIE! Especially pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin pie is delicious and is the perfect Thanksgiving treat.
The only problem is, like most Thanksgiving desserts, isn’t going to help us reach our health and fitness goals. Quite the opposite. Especially when it’s eaten on top of the mountain of potatoes and gravy we just inhaled.
Healthy Protein Pumpkin Pie
Comparatively, pumpkin pie is probably the healthiest of all the pies, or at least it tends to be lower in calories than it’s cousins apple pie and pecan.
But, pumpkin pie crusts often contain lots of unhealthy fats and processed sugars.
We decided to solve that problem and made a crustless pumpkin pie! It’s so good you won’t even miss the crust.
It get’s better, we added IdealLean Vanilla Protein to give this pie extra protein and to sweeten it without all the extra processed sugar. Thanks to IdealLean, your pie is now HEALTHY!
This perfect protein pie comes in at only 70 calories with 6g of protein per slice. In comparison, regular pumpkin pie has anywhere from 200-400 calories per slice and 20g of sugar or more. That’s a whopping 130-330 calorie difference!
You can have your slice of pie this year and not even have to think twice about it.
This protein pie is surely something to be thankful for. #Belssings
Most Americans gain weight starting on Halloween up until the new year. It’s time to end that trend with healthier recipes!
Don’t be in the demographic of people who gain weight during the holiday season. Make the smarter choice and enjoy this protein pumpkin pie instead!
- Serving size: 1 slice (out of 8)
- Calories: 70
- Carbs: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 1g
- Sugar: 6g
Perfect (Crustless) Protein Pumpkin Pie
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 1 pie (8 slices)
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Total Time: 55m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to whisk until combined.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch pie dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees, then reduce temperature to 300 and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, until knife comes out clean at the center.
- Cool on a wire rack for about 1 hour before covering and refrigerating until ready to eat. Pie is best if it is refrigerated for at least 3 hours before slicing.
- Optional- to serve, feel free to top each piece with sugar-free cool whip!
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 scoops French Vanilla IdealLean Protein
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk