On the weekends, I like to spend a little more time with breakfast. It’s nice not having to be in a rush out the door in the mornings! Instead, I like to take it easy, making breakfast in my pj’s and enjoying some time to myself or with family. These pancakes we whipped up are perfect for those weekend mornings!
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are a classic. But PB&J pancakes? I know, it’s a little mind blowing! And they are so yummy- trust me!
We made the batter with white whole wheat flour- which is still whole wheat flour, but made with a different variety of wheat. It’s just as nutritious as whole wheat flour but has a lighter color and can be measured cup for cup when replacing all purpose flour.
We also used Vanilla IdealShake in the batter to keep the protein content high and the pancakes balanced!
Get to whisking, these are pancakes the whole family will enjoy!
Ingredients for our Pancakes
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 scoop Vanilla IdealShake
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Toppings: natural peanut butter, sugar free jam flavor of choice
PB & J Pancakes – Fun Breakfast Idea
- Serves: 7
- 1. Mix together the flour, protein powder, baking powder, peanut butter powder, and salt, in a bowl.
- 2. Add the honey and unsweetened almond milk, and stir to combine. Be careful not to over mix.
- 3. Let the batter sit for 3 minutes to help produce a fluffy pancake!
- 4. Cook on a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat.
- 5. Once there are a few bubbles in the middle, flip and cook for a few more minutes on the other side. Repeat until all the pancakes are cooked.
- 6. To serve, top each pancake with 1 tsp. natural peanut butter & 1 tsp. sugar free jam.
- 1 Scoop Vanilla IdealShake