We all know that the best part of going to an Italian restaurant is the breadsticks.
Soft, buttery breadsticks. I’m drooling just thinking about them.
Unfortunately, most breadsticks are full of processed carbs and fat and don’t help us reach our health, weight loss, and fitness goals.
There’s no need to be sad though. Cauliflower breadsticks exist and they are delicious!
Low-Calorie Cauliflower Breadsticks
If you’ve never had cauliflower breadsticks before, you’re in for a serious treat.
You basically feel like your cheating hardcore on your healthy eating but in reality, it’s the opposite!
These cauliflower breadsticks are super low calorie, one has just under 50 calories and 6g of protein! That’s because we upped the protein content with Unflavored Multi-Purpose IdealLean Protein!
These are sure to become a favorite. It’s a staple at my house! You can sprinkle them with some fresh mozzarella cheese and dip them in marinara sauce.
Cauliflower is a super healthy base for these “breadsticks”. Cauliflower contains tons of essential vitamins, minerals, especially vitamin C and K.
Cauliflower also improves digestion, reduces inflammation after exercise, and can aid in weight loss.
This recipe makes about 8 breadsticks. You may want to double it because you’re probably going to want more than that! 😉
- Serving size: 1 breadstick (makes 8)
- Calories: 48
- Carbs: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
Low-Calorie Savory Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 8 breadsticks
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 40m
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper so that the excess paper hangs over the sides. Set aside.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 8 minutes, until cooked.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a tea towel and twist it to squeeze as much moisture as you can. This is very important. The cauliflower rice needs to be dry, otherwise, you’ll end up with mushy breadsticks.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a medium bowl, add the protein powder, egg, mozzarella cheese, Italian herb seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread cauliflower mixture in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until the loaf is set and starting to turn golden about 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- When the breadsticks are cooked, use the parchment paper to lift out of the loaf pan and carefully flip it over onto the lined baking sheet (so the bottom is on top). Bake for further 10 minutes until golden.
- Optional: Take it out of the oven and preheat the broiler. Sprinkle more mozzarella cheese on top of the loaf, and broil a couple minutes until the cheese is melted and golden in spots.
- Let cool a couple of minutes before cutting into 8 sticks. Serve with marinara sauce. Enjoy!
- 3 c cauliflower rice (pre-bagged in the produce section)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 scoop Unflavored Multi-Purpose IdealLean Protein
- ½ cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning