What’s your favorite part of Mexican food?
Is it the perfectly seasoned beans? The crispy chips? Guac?
For me, I’m a huge fan of the tortillas. You know, just one big food blanket to cradle my burrito.
If tortillas weren’t already awesome, with this recipe now they can be healthy too!
Whole Wheat Protein Tortillas
In less than an hour, you can have a fresh batch of healthy whole wheat, protein packed tortillas.
Sounds delicious right?
This recipe only calls for 5 simple ingredients, most of which you’ll probably have on hand!
The secret ingredient for these tortillas is IdealLean Multipurpose Unflavored Protein. This adds extra protein to these tortillas!
If burritos and tacos aren’t your jam, that’s cool. You can still use these protein tortillas for wraps, pizza crusts, salads, and more! Don’t be afraid to get creative.
If you don’t use all of your protein tortillas right away, store them in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 tortilla (makes 6)
- Calories: 182
- Carbs: 19g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 7g
- Fat: 10g
- Sugar: 0g
Homemade Whole Wheat Protein Tortillas
- Serves: 6
- Yield: 6 tortillas
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 40m
- Mix flour, Multi-Purpose Unflavored IdealLean Protein, olive oil, and salt until mixture becomes crumbly. Slowly add water and continue mixing until dough is combined.
- Cut dough into 6 pieces equal pieces and roll into balls. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Give pan a couple of minutes to heat up.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to desired size. Drop onto hot pan and let it cook for 2-4 minutes until tortilla starts to puff and golden. Flip over and cook another minute. Repeat with remaining dough and enjoy!
- 1 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 scoop Multi-Purpose Unflavored IdealLean Protein
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c warm water