What’s on your travel bucket list?
For many adventurous travelers, Thailand is on the top of their list. And for good reason.
Beautiful beaches, exotic animal encounters, and cultural experiences await those who visit Thailand.
Those all sound fun, but I’d go just for the Thai food.
We wanted to bring the taste of Thailand to your kitchen with a healthier version of a popular Thai dessert.
Healthy(er) Mango Coconut Sticky Rice
Few desserts are as warm, creamy, and just plain amazing as mango coconut sticky rice.
I remember the fist time I tried it at a Thai restaurant. I couldn’t believe three simple ingredients put together could taste so good.
There wasn’t even chocolate on it and I was hooked!
We added a little extra protein and natural sweetness with IdealRaw organic protein. It fits perfectly with this recipe!
Once the rice is cooked, this recipe only takes minutes to put together.
If you’re looking for a unique dessert option for you family, try this one out! You won’t be disappointed.
And don’t be worried about the fat content in this coconut sticky rice. Fat is actually essential for the body and the fat from coconut is one of the best healthy sources.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup of rice with a couple mango slices
- Calories: 281
- Carbs: 38g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 13g
Healthy Mango Coconut Sticky Rice
- Serves: 6
- Yield: 3 cups of rice
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 5m
- Combine the coconut milk and honey in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once the sauce begins to thicken and simmer, remove from the burner and quickly stir in the protein powder. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble, measure out 1/2 cup cooked rice with 2 1/2 tbsp. of sauce. Optional: Top with sliced mango.
- 3 c cooked white rice (short grain is best)
- 1 c canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 scoop vanilla IdealRaw protein