Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for ice cream!
Until we eat too much and our tummies are tied up in knots trying to digest all that milk and sugar.
At least that happens to me when I eat more than a few bites of America’s favorite creamy dessert.
I’m not the only one. In fact, it’s estimated that a whopping 60% of adults can’t digest milk.
But that’s ok because vegan ice cream is a thing and it’s just as delicious and creamy as the original.
Blueberry Swirl Vegan Ice Cream
This vegan ice cream is seriously the real deal. I mean can you believe how gorgeous it is?
Not only is it beautiful, it tastes as good as it looks.
Made with bananas, Organic IdealRaw Protein, and almond milk, it’s healthy without sacrificing flavor.
Each serving is under 200 calories and gives you 5g of pure plant protein.
If you not a fan of blueberries, try raspberries or blackberries for a different twist.
Satisfy cravings while crushing your goals. Doesn’t get better than that!
- Serving size: 1/2 cup (serves 3)
- Calories: 172
- Carbs: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Sugar: 7g
Creamy Blueberry Swirl Vegan Ice Cream
- Serves: 3
- Prep Time: 12m
- Total Time: 3h 12m
- Combine the blueberries and coconut sugar to a saucepan and place over medium heat. Mash blueberries up with a fork and continue to stir mixture until it thickens. It should take between 5-8 minutes. Once the mixture is chunky and thick, transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate while you make the ice cream.
- Place the frozen banana pieces in a high powered blender with the almond milk and protein. Blend until smooth and creamy like soft serve.
- Transfer half of the ice cream to a freezer-safe container, then top it with half of the blueberry mixture. Repeat with the rest of the ice cream and blueberry sauce. Swirl mixture a few times with a knife to create layers. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until ice cream hardens. Before serving, let the ice cream sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
- 3 medium bananas, frozen and cut into chunks
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla IdealRaw protein
- 3/4 c frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar