My dad’s birthday was a couple of weeks ago, and for his birthday he wanted an Oreo ice cream cake! I mean who could blame him really? Layered cookies and ice cream, topped with whipped cream and more cookies?! Sign me up.
While I think it’s important to let yourself indulge every once and a while, his birthday cake is not something I’d eat everyday! I wanted to re-create the cake in a healthier way, a treat I could enjoy a little more often. So we did! A healthy cookies ’n cream ice cream cake!
We used Vanilla Halo top ice cream which is a great alternative to regular ice cream and is high in protein. We also used a scoop of Cookies ’n Cream IdealShake to add the cookie flavor without all the extra calories with a good amount of protein as well.
I’d say it’s almost as good as the real thing! Try it yourself to find out!
Ingredients for our Cake
- 6 lowfat chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 pint Vanilla Halo Top
- 1 scoop Cookies ‘n Cream IdealShake
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 tbsp fat free whip cream (optional)
Cookies ‘n Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Yield: 6 slices
- In a blender or food processor, pulse sandwich cookies until ground and mix with melted coconut oil. Press down into bottom of 6 inch spring-form pan.
- In a blender, blend halo top, almond milk, and Cookies ‘n Cream IdealShake until combined. Pour on top of crust and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until solid.
- Cut into 6 slices, and if desired, top each slice with 1 tbsp of whip cream. Enjoy!
- 1 scoop of Cookies ‘n Cream IdealShake