We heard you guys! Votes are in, and the winner of the poll was Choco Coco Sandwich Cookies!
We decided to put a twist on the classic chocolate cream sandwich cookies, and added coconut! For the cream filling we used coconut milk. When you refrigerate canned coconut milk overnight, the coconut milk solidifies and whips into a coconut whipped cream.
Coconut milk is a healthy fat, and is full of B vitamins to help keep your energy levels up! We used oats and banana in the cookie dough to keep the cookies soft and sweet.
We also added Chocolate IdealRaw to increase the protein content, without using eggs. That’s right, these bad boys are vegan friendly! And a perfect post workout treat!
½ cup old fashioned oats
2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
1 scoop Chocolate IdealRaw
1 tsp cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ banana, mashed
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
For the filling:
2 tbsp canned coconut milk, (refrigerated overnight)
¼ scoop Chocolate IdealRaw
¼ tsp vanilla
Choco-Coco Sandwich Cookies | Vegan Dessert
- Refrigerate can of coconut milk upside down overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all cookie ingredients until combined, cover, and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Form cookie dough into 4 large cookies on baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of coconut milk (solid portion) from can.
- Whisk all frosting ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth
- Sandwich frosting between 2 cookies and enjoy!
- 1 Scoop Chocolate IdealRaw