Nothing beats ice cream on a hot summer day. Nothing! And these ice cream sandwiches are no exception. But now you can have an ice cream treat without all the guilt- and 14 grams of protein per serving? Count me in!
We used bananas as a base in the cookies to help with sweetness. Feeling sore from your workouts? Bananas also contain magnesium and potassium and can help your muscles recover from a workout. Talk about a win-win!
We also used Vanilla IdealRaw and Vanilla Halo Top ice cream to boost the protein content!
Make these and grab one after your workout! It’ll help you cool down, refuel your glycogen storage, and your muscles will thank you for it later!
Ingredients for our Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 scoop Vanilla IdealRaw
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup banana chunks, frozen
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 pint Vanilla Halo Top Ice Cream, divided
Banana PB Ice Cream Sandwiches – Muscle Recovery Treat
- In a high speed blender, blend the oats into a flour like consistency. Pour into a medium bowl. Stir in the protein, coconut, and cinnamon.
- Using the same blender, blend together the maple syrup, bananas, and almond butter until it is smooth. Pour over the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Scoop out the dough using about 1 1/2 tbsp. of batter, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I got 12 cookies.
- Flatten the balls into cookies and stick them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Take the cookies and the ice cream out of the freezer. Allow them to slightly thaw for about 5 minutes.
- Sandwich about 1/8 cup of ice cream between 2 cookies.
- Place the sandwiches back in the freezer to harden for a few minutes or enjoy right away!
- 1 Scoop Vanilla IdealRaw